I am so excited for Easter that I feel like my heart is going to breakthrough my chest. Many of you have plans to return to in-person church because of the decrease in CoVID-19 and the availability of vaccines. I can’t wait to see you! I’ve missed you.Pastor Brad Murphy
Jesus has risen from the dead. He broke through the impossible. He is alive. We have reason to shout, dance, sing, eat, and joyfully celebrate.
We have a big resurrection celebration planned! We’d love for you to participate. Here is a quick list of opportunities and more details are below.
- JOIN the 21 Days of Hope Experience, March 15-April 4.
- GATHER at the April 4 Worship Service(s) “Breakthrough the Impossible”
- SUBMIT your personal art for the Breakthrough Art Gallery.
- BAKE a finger food dessert for the Dessert First table.
- PACK individually wrapped candy in plastic eggs for the Kids Egg Hunt.
- PRAY for many to come to know the BREAKTHROUGH power of Jesus this Easter.
- TAKE the Easter Worship Service Survey to help us best prepare for you to gather.
21 DAYS OF HOPE
Here’s how the 21 Days of Hope works. Pull out your phone. Now text the word HOPE to (208) 352-6002. You’ll get a response with a link to a simple form to fill out. It takes less than 60 seconds and you’re all set.
Once you’re in, you will receive a daily email as well as a few text messages throughout the week from March 15 to April 4. Each step along the way will include the following:
- Either a “Hope To You” or a “Hope Through You” action step.
- A theme: Devotional, Share Your Faith Story, Social, Generosity, Minister
- And a difficulty rating of that step
Each day the goals are designed to help you and others experience God’s love in some way. Some things will involve your social media or texting and others involve sharing your faith story. The idea over the next 3 weeks is to help your friends, family and acquaintances see how amazing God is!
As part of the Easter Worship Service(s) we will have a gallery of Art on display for everyone to enjoy. The theme of the Art Gallery is BREAKTHROUGH. We’d love for you to bring your Art to the church between now and April 4 so we can display it. You can submit paintings, sculpture, quilts, drawings, poetry, anything that can be displayed in a gallery format.
Following the 10:30am Worship Service we will have a DESSERT FIRST buffet set up for snacking while people browse the Art Gallery and the kids hunt eggs. Please bring easy to grab finger food desserts that don’t need a fork or spoon to eat. You can bake or buy them. Desserts can be dropped off April 3 during Ladies Coffee Talk or Sunday morning April 4.
We will have plastic eggs available for you to pick up at church this weekend. Take them home pack them with individually wrapped candy (not chocolate), tape each egg closed and return the bunch before March 28. You can also buy your own eggs and candy if you would prefer. Eggs can be dropped off at church on Sunday mornings from 8am to 12noon or Sunday evening 5-7pm.
Please pray for our Easter Worship Celebration
- Pray for Pastor Brad’s sermon on BREAKTHROUGH THE IMPOSSIBLE to be filled with power
- Pray for Samantha Williams and our ELC.KIDS team as they prepare and teach our kids about the breakthrough of Jesus’ resurrection
- Pray for Pastor Laura Shaffer and our ELC.WORSHIP musicians to lead in anointed worship
- Pray for Waldemar Curbelo and our ELC.MEDIA team as they prepare to live stream and amplify the service
- Pray for lost souls to see the advertising and social media posts and be drawn to come through our doors or gather with us online. Pray specifically that God will soften their hearts and prepare them for all they will experience that day.
- Pray for a supernatural JOY as we celebrate the resurrection
- Pray for God to open up MANY hearts and that they will come to know and trust Him
Thanks for helping with this GIGANTIC WORSHIP CELEBRATION!