reBUILD in the Face of Accusation
- To reBUILD in the Face of Accusation we must recognize the _______name________ of the accuser and the advocate
– Name: __Sanballat = ‘sin (moon-god) gives life’______
– Represents: ______the devil_________
– _______’accuser’________ = Literally “The satan” | Job 1
– the _______accuser________ of the church
– Name: ____Nehemiah = ‘The LORD Comforts’____________________
– Represents: ________The Holy Spirit____________
– _______advocate/intercessor_________ = Jesus
– the ______comforter________ of the church
/ What is the name you are known by, Complainer or Comforter? Accuser or Advocate? Blessing or Cursing?
- To reBUILD in the Face of Accusation we must recognize the _______nature___________ of the accuser and the advocate
– __Own well-being / selfishness____
– _personal power / position_______
– _Lies_______ | John 8:4
The Accuser’s Goal is to ____condemn___ by attacking motives | Genesis 3
Accusations bring ___doubt________.
Doubt is __unbelief__________ that fails to ____hear________ God.
– __well-being of others / selfless____
– __power and purpose of God______
– __truth________ | John 16:13
The Advocate’s Goal is to ___purify your____ motives | 1 Corinthians 2:10-12
/ What is motivating you? Is your goal to condemn or purify? Are you driven by advocating for others or accusing others? Are you seeking the power and purposes of God or to preserve your own power?
When faced by the accusations of our enemy, the satan, we can say with confidence what Nehemiah told Sanballat and his crew,
“The God of heaven will make us prosper, and we his servants will arise and build, but you have no portion or right or claim in Jerusalem.” – Nehemiah 2:20 (ESV)
This Week’s Bible Reading
| Nehemiah 3-5 | Genesis 3 | Revelation 12 | Psalm 135-139|
Coming Up: reBUILD in the Face of:
Accusation (1/31) | Devastation (2/7) | Discouragement (2/14) |
| Intimidation (2/21) | Greed (2/28) | Distraction (3/6) | Fear (3/13) |
If you find that the Devil is attacking you with accusations about your past, you can just remind him of his future.
…the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. – Revelation 12:9-10