As we continue this 6 week series in the book of Colossians, we are going to learn how to Resurrect Hope from our puffed up wreck. The Apostle Paul will teach us how a renewed relationship with Jesus Christ will help us overcome discouragement and despair to live with Hope in a hopeless world.
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. Col 2:13-14
The human struggle has often been described as an Iceberg. What is above the surface is only a small fraction of the real hurt, trauma, insecurity, and despair that lies beneath the surface. Today we will delve into the icy water and learn about the mystery of Jesus Cross that gives Hope for those who are struggling.
- CHRIST is before all things | Col. 1:15-19
- He holds together all things, because He created all things through and for: invisible and visible, thrones and dominions, rulers or authorities.
- Recapturing Hope in the midst of a struggle starts by recognizing the wonder, majesty, and power of the One who is in us.
- IN YOU | Colossians 1:20-23
- The Creator, invisible, powerful, head of the Church is in you! We are second born, but joint heir
- You were alienated | Col 1:21
- You were hostile | Col 1:21
- You were doing evil | Col 1:21
- poneris= immoral, or wicked
- 1 John1:8
- THE HOPE OF GLORY | Colossians 1:24-29; 2: 1-5
- Which is the hope of the gospel |Col 1:23
- Which is rejoicing in suffering | Col 1:24; 2:1-2, Rom 5:1-5
- Which is revealing mysteries | Col 1:25-28
- Which is maturing everyone | Col 1:28; 2:4-5
The Gospel is a firm foundation, stable, steadfast, and sure footed. When fully embraced, and understood in the human heart it will make you mature and not easily convinced by false teachers.