- Mary’s Courage
- Joseph’s Loyalty
- The Shepherd’s Great Joy
- Herod’s Fear
- Wisemen Worship
- Jesus Compassion
Don’t you love the feeling of Christmas?
Cheer, wonder, excitement, generosity.
This year, our whole church, will be taking a journey through the feelings of the First Christmas through the Eyes of those who were there. Our children will be having their own special experience at LifeKids, in Professor Playtime’s Christmas Shop of Wonders.
Listen to That Christmas Feeling | Shepherd’s Great Joy
December 1, 2013 | Pastor Brad Murphy
Luke 2:1-20; 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
The Good News is Great Joy
That first Christmas the Angel’s announced the Good News, that Jesus was born, to bring Great Joy to all the people. Who did the angels share the most important announcement in the history of the world with? Shepherds! And not only to these shepherds who were living out in the fields, but it was the night watch, the graveyard crew.
“But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. ”
– Luke 2:10-11 | NIV
Taking cues from the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-11, Pastor Brad discusses 10 lessons about the Good News of Great Joy!
- The Joy of the Gospel is Sometimes Forgotten
- The Joy of the Gospel is Good News
- The Joy of the Gospel is Preached
- The Joy of the Gospel is Received & Lived
- The Joy of the Gospel is of First Importance
- The Joy of the Gospel is for the Sin Problem
- The Joy of the Gospel is Unchanging
- The Joy of the Gospel is all about Jesus
- The Joy of the Gospel is for the Religion Problem
- The Joy of the Gospel is on a Mission
There are two enemies of the Gospel, sin & religion. It was the religious people who killed Jesus. It was for sinning people that Jesus died. The Gospel is a cure for both the sin problem & the religion problem.