It looks like we are entering a new normal. For months we thought overcoming this virus was going to be a sprint.
Instead, we now realize we are in the beginning of a marathon.
We made ‘temporary’ plans in April, May, and June. But as July moves forward we are now making long term plans for ministry with ongoing shutdowns, physical distancing, and other precautions.
Please pray for the staff, pastors, deacons, and elders as we decide on how best to minister, connect, and serve in our community. We need supernatural wisdom.
We have more questions than answers about how things will go.
- Who will be attending services in the future?
- Will we have volunteers to serve in kids and youth?
- If schools require masks, will masks make kids ministry safe too?
- How do we organize serving our community through outreach and missions?
- Will community events even be possible?
- Is it better to meet in-person with masks or online without them?
- Will people miss being together and want to meet in-person no matter what?
- How will our church building continue to serve the needs of our church post COVID?
- How will our remodeling plans help?
- How can we make online ministry powerful, personal, spirit-filled, and community centered? How do we blend online and in-person ministry?
- AND MANY MORE…
The answer I do have is from the lips of Jesus,
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.Matthew 28:19-20, ESV
He is with us. We do not need to fear. He will be with us always.
Jesus also promised that His church would prevail.
I believe he has prepared us for what is ahead. He will empower us and lead us to do his work.
In unity we will be able to continue our mission of HELPING PEOPLE EXPERIENCE JESUS IN A LIFE-CHANGING WAY.
Please pray for us.