DIGITAL BULLETIN 16 May 2021
Week 7 Breakthrough
“Breakthrough” is one of the most powerful words; whatever was strong enough to stop you initially, has been defeated!
Hopelessness, abuse, fear, anxiety, grief, pain… you name it, God offers HIS power to help us breakthrough.
In this message, you will learn how the resurrection of Jesus overcomes personal and religious pride, to humble us before God to receive His salvation.
WORSHIP BY GIVING
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”Matthew 19:26 (ESV)
VideoJOIN FACEBOOK LIVE
FACEBOOK LIVE: You can participate in Church@Home online, LIVE at 10:30am, Sunday: https://facebook.com/EagleLifeChurch/LiveJOIN YOUTUBE LIVE
NEW YOUTUBE LIVE: We are testing YouTube Live today. CLICK HERE if you want to test YouTube Live with us.
ON DEMAND: You can view previous services on YouTube or Facebook at anytime.
YouVersion Bible App Event: https://bible.com/events/48696419
| Acts 9:1-23 | Acts 22:1-21 | Acts 26:1-23 | Philippians 3:4-12 | 2 Corinthians 11:21-33 |
But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.Acts 9:1-5 (ESV)
From Pride to Humility
- The Prideful Persecutor (Acts 9:1-5)
- Humbled Before Jesus (Acts 9:6-19)
- Preaches Jesus Christ (Acts 9:20-23)
though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law,[c] blameless. 7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.Philippians 3:4-12 (ESV)
Get Connected at Eagle LifeChurch
SAY YES TO FOLLOWING JESUS CONNECT WITH EAGLE LIFECHURCH ELC PRAYER & SHARE FACEBOOK GROUP
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God not a result of works, so that no one may boast.Ephesians 1:8-9 (ESV)
WORSHIP BY GIVING
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”Acts 1:8 (ESV)
- 16 – Breakthrough Pride Week 7 | 10:30am
- 20 – Ladies Book Club LifeGroup | 6:30-8:00pm, Fireside Studio & Zoom Meeting (weekly)
- 22 – Farm to Family Food Box Outreach | Unload at 9am, Distribute at 10am
- 23 – Breakthrough Power Week 8 | 10:30am
- 26 – ELC Worship Practice | 6:30pm, Worship Center
- 29 – Farm to Family Food Box Outreach | Unload at 9am, Distribute at 10am
- 30 – All-Church Memorial Day Picnic | After Service on the Lawn
- Bring your own lunch
- Bring Swim Suits
- Bring lawn chairs
- Bring yard or table games
- Water slides, volley ball, yard games
- 5 – Ladies Coffee Talk | 9:30am, In-Person and on Zoom (monthly)
- 12 – Men’s Breakfast | 8am, ELC Fireside Studio (monthly)
- 16- Wednesday Night Picnic in the Park | 6:00-8:00pm, Location TBD
- 20 – Father’s Day
- 25-29 – Teen Camp | Trinity Pines, Cascade (registration packet at church)
- 27 – Missionary Guests: Family Circus Children’s Ministry, Davao City, Philippines
- 30-July 4 – Kids Camp | Trinity Pines, Cascade (registration packet at church)
- 4 – Independence Day
- 7 – Wednesday Night Connection Picnic | 6:00-8:00pm, Location TBD
- 18 – Wednesday Night Connection Picnic | 6:00-8:00pm, Location TBD
Missions and Outreach
CLICK HERE to learn more about our local and global missions effort.
To give text “MISSIONS” to (208) 352-6002.