We are starting 2017 with a focused week of prayer.
Will you join us everyday praying for our family & friends, church leaders, community & government leaders, the less fortunate, and our selves.
Here are the daily themes:
Sunday 1/1: I Can Pray with Faith in Jesus
- “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).
- Approach God with confidence, asking Him to remove all doubts and believe for the impossible.
Monday 1/2: I Can Pray More Effectively
- “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us” (1 John 5:14).
- In faith, bring your needs before God and pray according to His will.
Tuesday 1/3: I Can Pray Consistently
- “This, then, is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven’” (Matthew 6:9–10).
- Ask God to help you practice a daily habit of prayer and give you a desire to know Christ more deeply.
Wednesday 1/4: I Can Pray with Authority
- “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6).
- Pray with boldness, believing for the power of God to be released, that miracles and healings will occur, pointing many people to Jesus.
Thursday 1/5: I Can Pray in the Spirit
- “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans” (Romans 8:26).
- Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit as you intercede for spiritual breakthroughs in your life, family, and community.
Friday 1/6: I Can Pray in Petition to God
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6).
- Ask God to replace your fears with faith and trust Him for specific areas of concern in your life.
Saturday 1/7: I Can Persist in Prayer
- “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Luke 11:9).
- Pray for strength to persist in prayer regarding challenges before you, critical needs, the salvation of friends and family members, remembering that all things are possible with God.