- Heal Our Land
- The New Has Come
- The Mind of Christ
- Do You Want to Be Healed?
- Are You Running in Fear?
- A Healing Community
- We Worship Together
- How to Make (be) a Disciple
- How to Be a Good Fellow
- How to Overcome Racial Division
- How to Be Light at School and Work
- Healing The Third Way
- The Regions Beyond
DIGITAL BULLETIN 21 February 2021JOIN US ONLINE LIVE
Week 8 “Heal Our Land”
Our land of healing is secure in Jesus Christ. He fulfills God’s plan to forgive our sins and heal our land.
In this series, we will start 2021 with intercession for Healing, The Church, and Culture. This series will explore what the Bible says about (1) humbling ourselves before God, (2) praying, (3) seeking His face, and (4) turning from wicked ways.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.2 Chronicles 7:14 (ESV), emphasis added
Read it in context, 2 Chronicles 7:11-18
In today’s message, we will learn how to MAKE AND BE a disciple, or follower of Jesus. Jesus himself gave us three things to do in order to be a disciple.WORSHIP BY GIVING
LIVE: You can participate in Church@Home online, LIVE at 10:20am, Sunday: https://facebook.com/EagleLifeChurch/Live
ON DEMAND: You can view previous services on YouTube.JOIN US ONLINE LIVE
YouVersion Bible App Event: https://bible.com/events/48535934
How to Make (be) a Disciple
Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.Luke 14:25-26 (ESV) Emphasis Added
Examples of Disciple Making in the New Testament:
- Acts 14:211-22 | conversion and teaching
- Titus 2:4 | older women train younger women
- 2 Timothy 2:2 | Paul trained Timothy to train others to train others
- Ephesians 6:4 | Fathers train children
- Matthew 28:19-20 | teach everything that Jesus commanded
- Hebrews 3:13 | exhort one another daily
- Hebrews 10:24-25 | stir one another up, meet together, encourage one another
- 1 Peter 4:10 | use spiritual gifts to serve one another
- Acts 18:24-26 | Aquila and Priscilla explained the way of God more accurately to Apollos
- Acts 11:26 | Disciples first called “Christians” (little Christs)
- EVERY CHRISTIAN should make disciples by helping people to trust and follow Jesus;
- EVERY CHRISTIAN should make disciples by helping, teaching, training, and encouraging other believers to grow more mature and Christlike; and
- EVERY CHRISTIAN should be getting help for themselves from others to grow and mature in faith.
- COME to Me (Luke 14:26)
- CARRY your Cross (Luke 14:27-32)
- GIVE UP everything (Luke 14:33-35)
So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple. 34 “Salt is good, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? 35 It is of no use either for the soil or for the manure pile. It is thrown away. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”Luke 14:33-35 (ESV)
NEXT STEPS: Respond in Prayer
Respond by completing the CONNECT form below.
- COME to Jesus in faith,
- CARRY your cross by considering the cost of what God is calling you to,
- GIVE UP everything that is distracting you from following Him,
- HELP others by joining LifeGroup and Serve Team.
SHARE your response with us, Text CONNECT to (208) 352-6002 or complete the form below.
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of needHebrews 4:14-16 (ESV)
Get Connected at Eagle LifeChurch
Text “ME” to (208) 352-6002 to access the church directory for stirring each other up in faith and love.WORSHIP BY GIVING
Text EVENTS or LifeGroups to (208) 352-6002 to register.
- 21 – Week 8 – Heal OUR Church | 10:30am, Heal Our Land Sermon Series
- 21 – ELC Youth | 5-6:30pm, Fireside Studio
- 21- ELC Youth FINE ARTS Drama Practice | 6:30-7:00pm, Worship Center
- 23- How We Got the Bible LifeGroup | 7:30pm, Zoom Meeting (weekly)
- 24 – ELC Worship Practice | 6:30pm, Worship Center
- 25 – Ladies Book Club, Sensible Shoes | 6:30pm, Zoom Meeting (weekly)
- 28 – Week 9 – Heal OUR Church | 10:30am, Heal Our Land Sermon Series
- 2 – How We Got the Bible LifeGroup | 7:30pm, Zoom Meeting (weekly)
- 3 – Youth FINE ARTS Practice | 6:30pm, Worship Center
- 4 – Ladies Book Club, Sensible Shoes | 6:30pm, Zoom Meeting (weekly)
- 6 – Ladies Coffee Talk | 9:30am, May meet in-person (monthly)
- 7 – Week 10 – Heal Our LAND | 10:30am, Heal Our Land Sermon Series
- 10 – ELC Worship Practice | 6:30pm, Worship Center
- 13 – Men’s Breakfast | 8am, ELC Fireside Studio (monthly)
- 14 – Week 11 – Heal Our LAND | 10:30am, Heal Our Land Sermon Series
- 17 – Youth FINE ARTS Practice | 6:30pm, Worship Center
- 21 – Week 12 – Heal Our LAND | 10:30am, Heal Our Land Sermon Series
- 24 – ELC Worship Practice | 6:30pm, Worship Center
- 28 – Week 13 – Heal Our LAND | 10:30am, Heal Our Land Sermon Series
- 4 – Easter | Resurrection Sunday | Church on the Lawn
Complete the CONNECT form for more information.
If you want to say “YES” to Jesus let us know here.
If you would like our pastor and prayer team to pray for you, please share your prayer request here.
Missions and Outreach
YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT THE MISSIONARIES WE SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK. To give text “MISSIONS” to (208) 352-6002.
Check out the resources available to you and your family for doing Church@Home.